Protocol controller IP for CAN / CAN FD
Application & Technical Summary
The M_CAN protocol controller IP enables event- and time-triggered communication according to ISO 11898-1:2015 and ISO 11898-4.
The IP module is integrated into a microcontroller. A dedicated ASIC, or FPGA and ensures the protocol conform handling of data transfer via CAN bus. It filters messages received from the CAN bus and transmits messages according to their priority and thereby reduces interrupt load.
- Support of Classical CAN and CAN FD up to 64 byte according to ISO 11898-1:2015
- Support of TTCAN (Time-Triggered CAN) according to ISO 11898-4
- Multiple M_CAN modules can access one shared memory
- Smart message handling reduces CPU load
- TTCAN for real-time applications
- Connectable to customer-specific Host CPUs with 8/16/32-bit generic CPU interface
- up to 64 byte payload for faster transmission of large data fields
with bit rates above 1 Mbit/s