TSVs enable electrical interconnections through several hundred microns.
Bosch offers silicon TSVs. Their advantage is the very low parasitic capacitance and a stress-optimized design enabled by the Bosch airgap technology. These features make them suitable for advanced MEMS applications.
Silicon TSV capabilities:
- Low resistance: < 50 Ohm
- low parasitic capacitance: < 50fF
- pitch 120-150µm
- through up to 300 µm of silicon thickness
- flat MEMS Wafer for standard testability, handling & packaging
- aluminum top metallization and redistribution layer (RDL) possible
- oxide and nitride passivation layers possible
Metal TSVs are available with low resistance and low parasitic capacitance, limited so far to 50 µm depth:
Metal TSV capabilities:
- Liner process, hollow Tungsten via. Up to 50 µm depth possible.
- Resistance < 10 Ohm per contact.
- Air gap isolation
- Diameter including air gap isolation about 20 µm